Our client is a major company specializing in animal health services, import, formulation, development and sales of premixes, additives, and ingredients essential for animal nutrition. it is a major subsidiary of one of the leading European Groups of Companies in Nigeria and operates currently from Abuja and Ogun State.
The successful candidate will be responsible for :
1. Management of domestic logistics activities
- The HLIL is the manager of all in-land logistics operations, between all the company’s sites, its suppliers and customers. It covers all goods flows in Nigeria within and inter company’s sites.
- He supervises and controls the mains logistics missions :
- Organization, management and control of all incoming products flows by sea
- Management, and monitoring of stocks (stocks inventories) in each distribution center with the support of the warehouse keepers of Abuja and Abeokuta
- Transport supervision and control of all the domestic flows/movements of products
- Reception, dispatch and delivery between the different storage points, the domestic suppliers and the customers.
- He ensures compliance and the follow-up of the necessary actions within the warehouses to guarantee compliance with administrative and legal requirements (would be in charge of supervising the NAFDAC works necessary in the warehouses for the re-bagging).
2. Logistics teams’ Management
- He manages all the team directly linked to in-land logistics operations (from the arrival of imported products to delivery to customers) :
- Warehouse keeper of Abuja
- Warehouse keeper of Abeokuta
- Transport manager.
- He manages all the team indirectly linked to in-land logistics operations (from the arrival of imported products to delivery to customers):
- Delivery drivers
- Handling team
- He has supervisory and coordination functions, and is in direct contact with the Import, Finance and sales department of the company, as well as with the external services providers.
3. Logistics Strategy
- He is responsible for designing and organizing logistics strategies with the purpose of ensuring the flow of products and goods from their arrival at the dock in Nigeria (or from suppliers in Nigeria) until their distribution.
- He operates with a constant desire to optimize quality/costs/deadlines
- He supervises on the possible outsourcing of storage and transport with the transport Manager.
- He manages relations with service providers and proposes specific agreements to be put in place with transport companies, with the support of the Finance and Administrative Manager.
4. Logistics Performance Management
- Beyond his operational responsibilities, he is a referent within the company on methodologies and tools for improving logistics performance.
- He designs and implements actions plans approved by the MD to reduce costs, lead times and stocks, and to best satisfy customers.
- He uses practices from Lean manufacturing, Kaisen, pull flow systems and FIFO concepts in the management of products in stocks.
- He checks the good coordination and its improvement, if necessary, between the sales team and the customer deliveries.
- He supervises the compliance of the operating processes between the teams (invoices/Way bills/Delivery/ Delivery Slip).
- Within the sites, its main objective is :
- To reduce “sleeping stocks” of goods and finished products ;
- To optimize the transport costs ;
- To implement delivery schedules in order to reduce costs but also to avoid managing urgent payments;
- To plan and organize unloading of customs-cleared containers in the warehouses (with the support of the Domestic Transport, Stock & Inventory Manager) and the Warehouse keepers.
- He works in close collaboration with the Financing, Import & Administrative Operations Manager on the aspects of cost reduction and processes to put in
- At least 3 years experience in logistics and transport.
- Wide experience in the transport and fleet management
- Planning management skills
- Performance monitoring experiences and skills
- Driving license
- Skills and knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Kaisen, Pull flow system and FIFO management;
- Analysis and synthesis abilities;
- Master office automation tools (excel, word, PowerPoint)
- Airtine Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Annual bonus based on agreed criteria
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 22, 2022.
• Kindly use Job Title as the e-mail subject.
• Please, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Offer ended on May 2, 2022