A renowned organisation committed to engaging the best talents and retaining them is seeking for a competent, experienced and sound Architect for adequate management of her technical and architectural services.
Person’s Specification/Required Competencies
- Communication and project management skills.
- Impressive drawing skills and proficiency in the use of architectural software.
- Managerial and leadership approach to issues
- Innovative and creative
- Professional in all areas of technical obligations.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Visual awareness and eye for detail.
- Responsibility and Accountability etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or it’s equivalent.
- Relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience with at least 3 years in managing complex and technical areas of projects.
- In-depth Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of the job.
- Proficiency in relevant IT technology will be preferred.
Reporting Line: Director
The would-be employee will perform all phases of architectural work such as planning, organizing, designing and overseeing construction. The candidate will be actively involved in alterations, conservations, space design and allocation right from inception to its completion. Make on-site visits to check on project status and report.
- Ensure that all works are designed in line with specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- Propose and manage all approved contractors, agents, partners attached to the operations assignments.
- Produce detailed blueprints of what is required and make corrections where necessary.
- Keep works within budgets and timelines.
- Design the Floorplan for the major events of the Organisation.
- Explain the Floorplan to the marketing team to reveal the space available and revenue accruable therefrom.
- Manage allocation of space at all exhibitions
- Supervise construction of booths during exhibitions and trade promotion.
- Recommend technical requirements and technical advice for all project in the Sector.
- Provide support in the engagement of technical contractors, agents, auxiliaries and artisans whenever the need arises
- Manage the inventory and ensure proper and safe keeping of all properties of the department especially equipment kept both within and outside the Organisation.
- Keep records of technical / operational contractors and update the records periodically
- Perform any other official duties as assigned by the Director.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission:
One week from the date of publication. Application closes on Wednseday, February 21, 2018